COVID 19 News Updates
DATE: March 31, 2020
It was great meeting with you at our Distance Learning Program meeting yesterday. If you missed it, no worries! We will be hosting another DLP meeting on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 6 p.m. so you won’t miss any information! See calendar in app / website for meeting link.
CBS is committed to #FinishingStrong and excited about the new DLP to help students not miss a beat and finish the school year strong! Don’t be late! Class starts at 7:30 a.m. for JH & HS and 8:00 a.m. for some elementary classes (see schedules). You will be receiving an email this week with the DLP teachers’ class meeting ID numbers.
Packet work, tests, or any other assignments that students received on Friday, March 13 is due on Monday, April 6. Each teacher has a classwork drop-off box in the office lobby. If you do not feel comfortable coming in to the lobby, please call 909.593.4672, and we can meet you at the curb to accept it from you during office hours.
If your student needs a pack of lined notebook paper or pencil or box of crayons to work on assignments at home, please let us know when you drop off your student’s classwork on Monday, April 6. We have some limited donations for you and ask only one per student while supplies last.
School office will be open from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for the week of April 6 – 10. However, our pastors are ALWAYS available for our students and families after hours or any time for any reason!! Pastor Lincoln may be reached at email@example.com and Pastor Frank may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or wish to make after-hours arrangements/appointments.
Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation as we transition into the Distance Learning Program.
Hello, Cougar Friends,
Hope this update finds you and your families doing well as we move into Day 7 of the Safer at Home order. During this week of our previously scheduled Spring Break, our teachers and staff are continuing to work hard for your students. We are excited about rolling out our Distance Learning Program that will continue to provide your child a quality, Christian education in a caring, family environment.
The Distance Learning Program will start on Monday, April 6. However, PLEASE NOTE, our pastors, teachers, and all staff are still available for one-on-one Zoom or phone meetings with any student or family who would like to “meet” with them during this time. We are here for you or to pray with you!!
Faculty and staff are committed to Finishing Strong! There’s a lot more learning to be done! A Distance Learning Program informational meeting for parents will be held via Zoom on Monday, March 30 at 3 p.m. (see link invitation in this email). Please plan to join Pastor Lincoln and staff & teachers as we cover the Distance Learning Program procedures, schedules, expectations, answer questions, and, most of all, prayers as we navigate through these times of unchartered waters at home, country, and world.
Please remember to frequently check our free app, emails, website, Pastor’s video bulletins, or Facebook posts for the latest updates.
The Class of 2020 will still have a graduation ceremony. As we approach the end of May, more details will be forthcoming as to details and how that will look; but our graduates have worked very hard, and we want to recognize their efforts and hard work! If you haven’t already sent your graduate’s height and weight to order caps and gowns for grades PS, K, 8 and 12, please email the information to email@example.com in the next few days or you may not get the size you want. The order needs to go in next week.
In closing, as mentioned, CBS is committed to #FinishingStrong and planning has already begun for the 2020-2021 school year. Please visit ParentsWeb to fill out the re-enrollment form so we can start organizing classes for fall. Tuition continues to be due on the first and payments may be made through the app, website, ParentsWeb, or you may mail in your payment. CBS is continuing to support our teachers who are working non-stop to ensure your child’s academic success and to help offer your child consistency and support through these uncertain times, but we can only do this with your timely tuition payments.
Thank you for your cooperation, love and support for our school and your dedication and hard work that brings your student to the Calvary Baptist Schools’ family.
Lincoln Dial is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Lincoln Dial’s Zoom Meeting
Time: Mar 30, 2020 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 864 286 615
Hello, Cougar Families,
We have had an update to our last notification. As we continue to partner with Bonita Unified School District and the Department of Health guidelines, our school return date has been revised for students to return on Tuesday, May 5, 2020. Again, as you are aware, this is a constantly changing situation, but this is the plan at this time.
In light of this new situation, CBS teachers and staff are working hard to continue to help your student not miss an academic step. We are currently on Spring Break. Your student has received classwork to cover our initial return date of Monday, April 6.
Beginning on Monday, April 6, we are excited to roll out our Distance Learning Program through the Zoom Meeting platform. Many of our students are already familiar with Zoom and have been in contact with their teachers the last couple of weeks using this program. Please see attached Distance Learning schedules for times and class schedules.
A Zoom meeting to answer any questions is scheduled for Parents, Students, Faculty & Admin on Monday, March 30 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. You can join a Zoom meeting with any phone, tablet, or computer, or you’re able to just phone in and listen to the group. Visit www.zoom.us to create a free account or download the software.
More information will be forthcoming very soon with Teacher Meeting ID Numbers/Links and expectations of students (i.e., attendance, classwork, etc.).
We understand this may cause some technical issues for a few families, so please feel free to respond to this email with any questions or concerns, and your inquiry will be forwarded to the proper party. Your child’s education is very important to our teachers and staff, and our goal is to help your child achieve academic success and not miss a step when we are able to return.
Hello, Cougar Families,
It’s hard to believe only a short week ago we were going about our normal school day and how quickly things can change, but it’s a comfort knowing our Lord is the same yesterday and today and forever.
As we navigate through these uncertain times, it is our goal to keep you updated, as well as to continue to provide a quality education for your child(ren). Please continue to read your CBS emails, app notifications, or Facebook posts.
Just a couple of quick updates –
- As students continue to work on their assignments during this time, teachers may be reached via email and will do their best to respond within 24 hours (Monday-Thursday) during normal school hours, with the exception of Friday messages which will be returned by Tuesday a.m. A list of teacher emails may be found at the end of this message. Many students and teachers have been meeting via Zoom Meetings with a lot of success and enthusiasm during this interim. Please contact your teachers for their upcoming Zoom classes if you haven’t participated yet.
- Tuition payments may be made through the app, ParentsWeb, or US mail. We understand these are difficult times for everyone, but CBS will continue to support our teachers, as they are continuing to do their best to ensure your child does not have an interruption in their education. We are not able to do that without your timely payments.
- Beginning Monday, April 6, CBS will begin our Distance Learning Program. More information will be forthcoming, including a free Parent Meeting via Zoom ( www.zoom.us ) on Monday, March 30 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. Watch your emails for invitation link soon.
- At this time, CBS is still planning on having a graduation ceremony; however, the event details will be solidified closer to the end of May depending on circumstances. Parents of graduating students (PS, K, 8th, 12th ), please send Mary an email with your student’s height and weight (firstname.lastname@example.org )by Monday, March 23 so caps and gowns will arrive on time.
- At this time, we feel it is better for our students to focus on their academics, so, unfortunately, we will be postponing this year’s Aladdin school play until next year.
- Until further notice from our Junior High League and CIF, all JH & HS sports games will be on hold. Information will be forthcoming as it becomes available.
- Thank for your continued prayer and support of our school, students, and families. On behalf of everyone here at CBS, praying for you and your families to stay safe and healthy.