Hello, Cougar Families,
It’s hard to believe only a short week ago we were going about our normal school day and how quickly things can change, but it’s a comfort knowing our Lord is the same yesterday and today and forever.
As we navigate through these uncertain times, it is our goal to keep you updated, as well as to continue to provide a quality education for your child(ren). Please continue to read your CBS emails, app notifications, or Facebook posts.
Just a couple of quick updates –
- As students continue to work on their assignments during this time, teachers may be reached via email and will do their best to respond within 24 hours (Monday-Thursday) during normal school hours, with the exception of Friday messages which will be returned by Tuesday a.m. A list of teacher emails may be found at the end of this message. Many students and teachers have been meeting via Zoom Meetings with a lot of success and enthusiasm during this interim. Please contact your teachers for their upcoming Zoom classes if you haven’t participated yet.
- Tuition payments may be made through the app, ParentsWeb, or US mail. We understand these are difficult times for everyone, but CBS will continue to support our teachers, as they are continuing to do their best to ensure your child does not have an interruption in their education. We are not able to do that without your timely payments.
- Beginning Monday, April 6, CBS will begin our Distance Learning Program. More information will be forthcoming, including a free Parent Meeting via Zoom ( www.zoom.us ) on Monday, March 30 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. Watch your emails for invitation link soon.
- At this time, CBS is still planning on having a graduation ceremony; however, the event details will be solidified closer to the end of May depending on circumstances. Parents of graduating students (PS, K, 8th, 12th ), please send Mary an email with your student’s height and weight (firstname.lastname@example.org )by Monday, March 23 so caps and gowns will arrive on time.
- At this time, we feel it is better for our students to focus on their academics, so, unfortunately, we will be postponing this year’s Aladdin school play until next year.
- Until further notice from our Junior High League and CIF, all JH & HS sports games will be on hold. Information will be forthcoming as it becomes available.
- Thank for your continued prayer and support of our school, students, and families. On behalf of everyone here at CBS, praying for you and your families to stay safe and healthy.